First, What are Brain Waves
When you drop a small stone in water, you see waves. Similarly our heart and our brain have wave patterns. The wave pattern of the heart is measured by ECG (electro cardiograph). The brain waves are measured by EEG (electro encephalograph).
Using the brain wave studies, scientists have discovered that our brain waves are of four types.
The brain waves also have peaks that are similar to the peaks we see in water waves. The number of times the peak appears in one second is called “cycles per second”. For example, the electricity in India is of 50 cycles per second.
Beta (13 to 25 cycles per second)
This brain wave indicates that your conscious mind is in control. It indicates a mental state of logical thought, analysis, and action. You are alert and awake talking, speaking, doing, solving problems, etc.
Alpha (8 to 12 cycles per second)
This brain wave indicates relaxation and meditation. It is a state of relaxed alertness good for inspiration, learning facts fast.
Theta (4 to 8 cycles per second)
Deep meditation. This is associated with life-like imagination. This is best for suggestibility and inspiration. This brain wave is dominant in children of age 2 to 5.
Delta (0.5 to 4 cycles per second)
Deep dreamless sleep. Deep relaxation, healing.
How to Control Your Brainwaves
for Relaxation and Stress Management
- Anything that makes you relaxed changes your brainwaves.
- Meditation is one way to control your brainwaves.
- Relaxing music is anther.
- And, mind machine is perhaps the single most important new method of changing the brainwaves easily and quickly for desired benefits such is memorizing, relaxing, learning, sleep, healing, meditation, etc.
2 FREE Downloads:
- Mind machine, music, tools. Download (free) my book on study techniques and stress buster audio.
- Method for confidence in speaking English fast. Download (free) 1 page of grammar that is all you need.